Tuesday, January 24, 2006

THE AERIAL TRAM - WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG? - PART 213

One of the delights of light rail is that it doesn't run during an ice storm. That got me thinking of how the tram would handle ice. Perhaps you could keep the tram cars moving during a weather event like this, so the ice didn’t form, but what if the thick cables just sat there, as an inch or two of the solid stuff formed on them? Then, the sun came out and the ice began to thaw? Wouldn’t you have icicle-like formations dropping on the people below? Tell me I’m wrong here. I’m begging you to tell me I’m wrong. Okay, I’d settle for just knowing that the reason so many other things got screwed up on this project, was because the City Council was focused on issues like this. Otherwise, we could be doing a Portland version of that scene in the Omen where the priest gets impaled from above. That would take a lot of the laughs away from our little Tram Fun-fest, now wouldn’t it?

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger rickyragg said...

No problem - just get the Tri-Met ice-removal geniuses from the MAX.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home