Thursday, May 11, 2006

More Dwight Slade on His Afghanistan Trip w/ Pics

Clarification: My David Reinhard post above and below is a spoof. The Oregonian should not call a column “On the Ground in Bagdhad", unless the columnist is….I don’t know….on the ground in Bagdhad. The Dwight Slade stuff from Afghanistan is real. I sincerely regret that the Oregonian's corporate grandstanding has to be mentioned in the same post with this authentic American hero. Here are some of Dwight Slade's thoughts during the trip:

“It has been a long journey from Bishkek to here, Sharano FOB in Central Afghanistan. Each base we visit gets a little more separated from civilization and a little more primitive. We went from Manas Air Force Base in Bishkek to Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. We were there for a night and then took a Chinook 17 chopper to our next Base. The chopper is one of those cargo choppers with two propellers on top. They kept the back door open to accommodate a gunner, so myself and the rest of the comedians were treated to a birds-eye tour of Afghanistan for about an hour. It was overwhelming. With a helmet and body armor on I look the part of Mr. Bean Does Afghanistan. Counting my show in Prineville, OR this is the second time I've worn body armor to a gig...”

Quick: Can You Spot the One Who Isn't a Soldier?


Why the Terrorists Will Never Win

4 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this was a Tribble gig till I saw the body armor.

JW

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home