Friday, May 12, 2006

The Script Is Done - Let the Flaming Begin!

Wow, it’s over. We used to have a phrase for banging out a paper back in school. We called it a “One Draft Wonder.” I just hit the Big Finish. Page 100 – the script is done. Let’s see…I think it was 10 days this time, for an average of 10 pages a day. Of course what really happened was I banged out the first third in record time and then hit the wall at the halfway point. Nothing happened for three days, but then it all came together down the stretch. This is going to be a little hard to believe, but the grind part gives way to a sadness that it’s over. I actually mourn the end of these intense writing experiences and I know how precious and phony that sounds. So how did it turn out? I believe with every cell in my being that this could be one of the true monster comedies of all time. If they made it as written, and it turned out as good as I think it should, this thing could be #1. The #1 comedy ever. Or not. The few times I went back over prior pages I noticed it came out in finished form, live in real time. This might be the best thing I ever do in my whole “career”. Hundreds of thousands of jokes, and 8 scripts later, I went into the zone and threw a pie in the face of the Comedy Gods.

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home