Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Trojan Implosion

Well, it’s Sunday morning, 6:32 a.m. as I write this. Why am I up? To watch the Trojan implosion? No, although it is on in the background. This morning I will be driving up to St. Helens on highway 30 at around 10 a.m. so that the Hollywood producer can look at property there. We will also discuss the contract and the new script. He loves the new script although there are always a few reservations. Creative people are like that. You can tell them the sky is blue and they’ll suggest changing it to purple.
Of course, I should have spent these last few days pouring over the contract, analyzing every phrase and weighing every word. Frankly, I have not. That is why I am up at 6:30 the day of the talks – to try and figure out what the contract says. Now that I am up, I am still putting it off. There is a little anxiety. What if my printer runs out of ink during the final print-out? 2 copies, 7 pages each? Then I’ll have to scramble to the store, and this really will turn into one of those last second disasters. For now though, there is plenty of time. Check some websites for the latest news, post a blog entry on the Portland Freelancer, watch a little TV. Go get some coffee and read the paper. Do you get the impression I’m not too thrilled about jumping into the contract? You’re right, but this has to be done. It is important, or at least it could be. Then again, it could just be another ridiculous move in a long series of events that go nowhere. If this does lead to something, however, I’ll always be able to look back and remember that morning. You know the time….remember when they blew up the Trojan cooling tower? It was that morning. Who knows? Maybe it'll be the time the Trojan cooling tower and my career imploded on the same day.
KATU’s Carl Click just went to a correspondent named Brian at the Port of Kalama, who didn’t know he was on the air. Brian wiped his nose with his shirt sleeve, and then hugged himself like he was freezing. The screen went black while Brian started his report. Carl Click said, “Brian is with us now” and they went back to him in mid-report. Ahh, the comedy of life. It’s going to be a fun day.
Trojan just blew. Goodbye and good riddance.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Wasn't it fun to watch? I liked it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home