Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Billy Preston

I saw Billy Preston playing with the Eric Clapton band a few years back in the Rose Garden, and every now and then I found myself in disbelief that one of the two keyboardists on stage was the guy on the roof with the Beatles. You know keyboards are very static things, especially before they introduced a way to bend the notes. To be able to coax a soulful sound from one is different than the guitar or voice. The solo in "Get Back" alone is enough to put Billy Preston in the Keyboard Hall of Fame. I also have to mention my favorite line by him in his own songs: "I've got a story, ain't got no moral. Let the bad guy win every once and a while."
What a monster musician.
Singer-songwriter Billy Preston dead at 59 - Yahoo! News

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blog! If you want you can learn more about Cologne here - http://cologne.thelineone.com/free-cologne-sample.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home