Friday, June 09, 2006

Where Have You Gone, Clyde the Glide?

Did you see Clyde Drexler on TV at Game #1 of the NBA Finals? Now, there was a Blazer for the Ages. One time I was talking to him when the Dream Team was preparing for the Olympics. I made a kidding remark like, "Do you think you'll have any trouble with Team Canada tonight?" There was no one else around and I wasn't a reporter or anything. Clyde could have easily grinned or said something disrespectful. I mean his team had Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson - Team Canada was not going to be a problem. Clyde would not drop the respect level a bit, saying something nice about the other team. I thought, "This really is one quality individual here." Seeing him with Bill Russell on the broadcast last night, Clyde looked like a great statesman. And from the Phi Slamma Jamma days on to the championship ring with the Rockets, what a player.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice Glide insight.
And I did see him last nite on the tube - looked good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home