Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rush Limbaugh Throws the Republicans Under the Bus

Have you heard what Rush Limbaugh has to say about the election? First, some background:

Rush Limbaugh played a crucial role in the Republicans' defeat. By mocking Michael J. Fox he helped hand the Democrats a victory in Missouri and across the country. He also got off one of the most chilling statements of the campaign – for me anyway - when he said that Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House would be unacceptable. Unacceptable? That’s the talk of authoritarian rule: “We do not accept this and decree otherwise!”

It’s the same way President Bush found over 750 laws that Congress passed to be unacceptable. As a brilliant cab driver told me this afternoon: “It’s like he just threw out the rule book.” President Bush felt that following the Constitution, the Geneva Conventions and the rule of law was unacceptable, so he didn't. And he had all the logic he needed: It was his decision because he was the Decider.

So what happens when the American People decide otherwise? And what does Rush Limbaugh say when the unacceptable happens? Here is Rush's reaction to the elections:

“I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. Now, you might say, "Well, why have you been doing it?" Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party and liberalism does.

I believe my side is worthy of victory, and I believe it's much easier to reform things that are going wrong on my side from a position of strength. Now I'm liberated from having to constantly come in here every day and try to buck up a bunch of people who don't deserve it, to try to carry the water and make excuses for people who don't deserve it.”

Rush helped sell the Iraq War. He is the leading marketer of the Bush administration. His admission that he was just carrying water and didn’t truly believe in the people he’s been supporting, is more an indictment of him, than them.

Of course, he doesn't mention that while he was carrying water for this gang of losers, our troops were carrying wounded buddies to the helicopters. Instead, when the election goes poorly, he ditches his buddies and gets the hell out of the way. He can’t distance himself from this election fast enough.
See who these people are? Richard Perle, Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh?
They love their power, and they work their schemes, but when the going gets tough, they cover their asses and flee. Calling them chicken hawks is way too kind.

7 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jack Bog said...

Give the guy a break; he's a junkie.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger LaurelhurstDad said...

Bill,

You imply that you thought Rush might have told the truth at some point. These guys do not break character. They serve whatever their purpose of the moment is, and the purpose is always themselves.

It is also interesting to hear the religious fruitcakes distancing themselves from the 'meth-using sodomite' guy Ted Haggard. Jerry Falwell, cheeks aflutter, said that this guy was just a ‘sideline player’ on a show tonight. Then they cut to Jerry just a few months ago praising Haggard’s work in his church and how much he has done to unit the religious right.

Reminds me of how Jack Abramoff suddenly disappeared from the White House invite list.

George Orwell is happy tonight.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Bill McDonald said...

George Orwell should be relieved. He intended his work to be a warning. Instead, he inadvertantly gave the Bush administration a training manual.

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, take a look at WayneMadsenReport(dot)COM -- eleven-nine's dateline -- for an animation effect he's got in his Rash Lamebrain bashing.

Slick picture ... hey, he's moving ...

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Bill McDonald said...

Hey, Tenskwatawa,
Thanks for telling me about Wayne Madsen. I always check his site, and went to hear him talk. I've even got an autographed copy of his book, " Jaded Tasks". Perhaps I didn't recognize you in the crowd - I've only met you once, but I sure hope you were there.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, hi back. I met Wayne in Eugene, at his Tsunami Books appearance. I told him I'd see him again in Portland, but I failed to get there.

In Eugene, about 50 attended. Afterward, a dozen of us had dinner together, mostly strangers to each other, with Wayne. Oh, what a wonderful dinner.

I went one-on-one with him for some time. (He's a Taurus.) It was a GREAT! time.

I asked him a question of facts he didn't know: Who were the people, (described in AP knowledge-censoring as "16 Texas oilmen and their wives"), aboard on the joyride in the US Navy submarine at taxpayer expense the first month of the Evil Office Imbecile in The Fright House, which surfaced stupidly and killed Japanese highschoolers on a maritime sciences training ship. Name them, goddammit, NAME THEM.

Wayne couldn't. He half-promised to investigate to find the names, and seemed tickled to have that cover-up recalled to mind, a challenge to his MASTER skills Inside D.C. And I imagined he took an approving measure of me in the Carrying Details in Mind category. (That, and when I send him his astrology chart ... I see a close, mutual-trust friendship developing further.) That man is a GIANT of credibility. What! stock!

Except, I was extremely disappointed to find that he does not think, or, thinks it is not that, earth's oil is almost gone. Vastly disappointed, I am.

My frustration has driven me on to develop new ways and words to convey and convince in the information, to him, to others. Earth's oil is very low, and runs out in a few short years at the rate we are gulping it. We must both slow down to sipping it in order to get some time extension, and prepare for its exhaustion.

My new ways and words are works in progress, coming along well, coming soon. (Sorry, Bill, I know you don't tolerate sex-tinged dripping-wet innuendo in the thrust of the back-and-forth body of entries, and ohmygawd the shouting, of visiters who penetrate here.)

I was so glad to see you posted a thread on Wayne's appearances. But now it has rolled off the bottom into the archives of antiquated. I wrote and re-wrote THREE times! a comment to put in that thread. Trying to edit each shorter. Tighter. Meatier. Buffer. Engaging. Heart heating.

And it came to me. But by then the post rolled off the bed, I mean table, I mean podiumyumyum. The exercise was good to go through, smoothing and stiffening my writing, (the History of Humankind as my subject is a tough nut to crack open with words and keep understanding in the shell), though, even if I didn't get it published here.

It did lead to me asking this favor, however, and maybe that's something. Wouldst thee post another Wayne Madsen thread? Or, alternatively, I can email you some of my pokes at such a post, and you collate or cole slaw or obliterate accordingly and start a compost steaming in it and out of it. Exclamation mark, Question point.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, almost forgot. ...and if you liked WayneMadsenReport.com as I do, you might also like another of my faves.

This however, for reasons exactly the opposite of credibility and detail that makes Madsen so impeccable; this for the official list of what NOT to believe, the daily shot-with-air puffed white bread, serving millions nothing for nothing.

It's the AP 'ticker.'

www.nytimes.com/pages/aponline/news/index.html

And, a couple examples, playing NOW.

Man Uses Bug Story to Make Women Disrobe
17 minutes ago
WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) --
An unknown man has been bugging women -- and police -- by using an insect story to try to persuade women to disrobe. Police said

(I been to Waukesha, it bugged me, too.)


Is a Burrito a Sandwich? Judge Says No
55 minutes ago
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) --
Is a burrito a sandwich?.

(That's what she said...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home