Thursday, December 28, 2006

James Brown - My Ticket Stubs




James Brown's body lay in state at the Apollo Theater in Harlem today. I consider having seen him perform 3 different times to be one of the great breaks of my life. Here are my ticket stubs. (Incidentally, that second show with Etta James also had Martha Reeves on the bill.) James Brown belongs in the pantheon of musical giants. The shocking part isn't that he's gone. It's trying to imagine a world where you could simply buy a ticket and go see James Brown perform live. That seems like such an amazing opportunity that I already have trouble believing that it really happened. But it did.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Rusty Banks said...

Hi, I’m Rusty Banks, Content Director of Stubstory.com and I found your website today. I was curious about the possibly of integrating some of your ticket stubs and the stories behind them into what we are doing.

Would you take a look at http://www.stubstory.com and see if you’d care to share some stories?

When you have a second – can you shoot me an email to talk about whether you have an interest in having your stories appear on Stubstory.

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you.
rbanks@stubstory.com

Thanks

Rusty Banks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home