Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rose City Ramblings

This blog has been a real beast lately - right at the 1st Year Mark. It's been technical things like seeing a completely white screen when you go to it or a nasty Forbidden message. I'll wrestle with the machines for a while, but let's not forget who the superior beings are here. That's us, right? As a result I may stand down for a few days till the blogging gods are settled. Maybe my computer sensed that I was heading for the lame zone and this is all preventative. We'll see.
Here's some parting shots:
1. The tram ticket at 4 bucks is a real bargain. Usually amusement park rides cost a lot more.
2. It's easy to make fun of the local weather people. I remember doing that 2 or 3 years ago when they kept saying an ice storm was about to hit, but the time kept getting pushed back. I scoffed at them then and dismissed the whole thing as a hoax. Later, as we spent three days with intense cabin fever, unable to walk outside on the ice, I resolved never to make fun of the weather people again.
3. The President's speech tonight:Let’s not forget, the Bush administration was wrong about the reasons for the war, they were wrong about planning for the war, and they were wrong about the insurgency. So by the law of averages this plan could be solid gold. At least Bush's critics have to admit the Iraq War has led to a new leader: Nancy Pelosi. Of course, the new phrase for Iraq is benchmarks, and the Iraqi leaders love it. See, they can’t hang you if you’re sitting on a bench.

I may bounce back but my current mood is to take a few days off from blogging. For one thing I have to go shovel the imaginary snow.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..."take a few days off"???

But certainly only after commenting on bush's address tonite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home