Sunday, March 25, 2007

The 15 British Sailors and Marines: What Would Gonzales Do?

These captured British sailors and marines scare the hell out of me. Could this be the trip wire that sets off the Iran attack? It's a troubling issue and I sense a sort of denial about it. Nobody seems to want to fill out any office pool brackets on where this is going. These sailors better not mysteriously turn up dead in the next couple of weeks or this could be the false flag operation of 2007.

The websites I read have been predicting some sort of incident that will precede our next preemptive attack, so anything in this area is drenched with suspicion for me. It's truly remarkable how things have changed. When I hear a story in the media or from the government I automatically assume there's a deceptive angle to it, and I sort of work toward the notion that it might actually be true. This one certainly seems unnecessary - that's for sure. There is no upside to it immediately apparent, especially since a kidnapped soldier story was the trigger for last summer's war between Israel and Lebanon.
This could be the early stages of another major crisis, and that's what I'm concentrating my worries on.

Still, I couldn't help wonder how Alberto Gonzales would feel if the "quaint" Geneva Conventions are ignored with these British sailors. How about if they were treated like we treated detainees at Abu Ghraib under the guidance of Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld? Wouldn't that be horrible?

I would prefer to live in a world where we could at least say, "How barbaric that these thugs treated the British sailors like this." Instead, we would have to listen to the rest of the world correctly point out that the Iranians had just used the incredibly low bar set by America with its pro-torture Bush administration.

It's kind of sad thinking these sailors could be in in safer hands than some innocent Iraqi who had the misfortune of being captured by the United States of America.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Tahoma Activist said...

Isn't it great living in a country where things like this can start wars even though people like us know they're just provocations designed to do just that?

I sure don't want to see my little brothers sent off to an unwinnable war in Iraq/n.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home