Wednesday, September 27, 2006

New Protest Song to Debut Soon

I'm doing a new song coming soon to a cable access show near you. The words are done. The music is done. I've rehearsed it the last couple of days and recorded some primitive versions. What do you think of the lyrics? Too subtle?

I Can’t Stand the Bush Administration-by Bill McDonald

Preemptive wars and torturing detainees

Condi and Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney

I hate what these losers have done to our nation

That’s why I can’t stand the Bush Administration.

Ignoring laws and ruling by decree

a reckless assault on our liberty

spreading their lies with deceitful manipulation

That’s why I can’t stand the Bush administration

How are we going to turn this around
Before these morons take America down?

Now, here we go into a new surprise

How long before the country gets wise?

When these phonies go we should throw a big celebration

If we just make it through the Bush administration

If we just make it through the Bush administration

I really can’t stand the Bush administration.

3 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it. Try it at your next gig? Butch would probably be there just to boo and hiss you. Remember, Bush is listening....use big words.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger LaurelhurstDad said...

Bill, you would do us all (except Foxies like Butch) a favor if you would give us the schedule for your shows.

When can we see/hear this?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Bill McDonald said...

I'll post about it as soon as it is done. There's also a song on Google Video called "Let's Leave Iraq" from a couple of years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home