Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Script Update

I was cruising along till I hit page 50 and then it was three days of frozen nothing. The worse thing that can happen is when you give up on the material. I can distinctly remember writing term papers at the last minute, ill-prepared and slinging the B.S. Somewhere around 2 a.m. of your desperate, little all-nighter you not only see through the flimsy argument you’re trying to make, but you realize it would be easier to argue the exact opposite. I hated that whole phony thing of stridently presenting your little points when you knew the premise was total crap. Then later, just before you handed it in, you would read it and feel physically sick. Oh sure, you were relieved that it was over, but you’d be queasy at the wretched level of mediocrity. Actually, mediocrity is too kind. It was total bullshit - plain and simple. Not even quality BS – hideously transparent, obvious unskilled, literary garbage. Then some adult who was paid to educate you had to read it and pretend to take it seriously, and of course you had to pretend that you meant it even after the grade came out. The fraud of education – that’s what bothered me.
This wasn’t that bad, but I’m under a time constraint so I can’t just let the ideas sort themselves out at the right pace. I forced the process but 3 days later the sun broke through and I banged out 11 pages with a basketball game on in the background. I’m on page 61 now and the path ahead looks clear. There could be some stretching to make it reach 100 pages, but I've been there before. Better that than trying to take stuff out.
This one includes around 5 to 7 scenes that are huge comedy. Possibly in the running for legendary comedy status - if they would just make the damn thing. The producer hits town next week and this will be ready. One script coming right up and I can guarantee you that it’s better than my term papers in school. I had opportunities many kids can only dream of, and I spent years in school screwing off, slinging the BS, and feeling like a fraud. Oh, how my teachers would laugh if they could see me walking around trying to figure out what I’m supposed to write. Their revenge is complete.

8 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you willing to offer any clues as to what the screen play is about?...........

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Bill McDonald said...

I could describe it but why destroy any diginity I might still have left.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home