Sunday, April 16, 2006

An Easter Miracle I’d Like to See


“Today at 12 noon, I – George Walker Bush – will be resigning as the President of the United States. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my many mistakes in office. Chief among them: Using 9/11 to get us into an illegal and immoral war in Iraq for reasons that I knew weren’t true at the time. Second, using the war on terror to claim unlimited powers as I stripped Americans of their rights. And third, setting America on a disastrous financial course in which I took money from your children and grandchildren to give to my base: The richest 10% in the country. I will be withdrawing completely from the public eye, except for my testimony at Dick Cheney's upcoming trial. I am pledging to work the rest of my life to try and help many of the fine young Americans horribly wounded in what I now admit was an ill-conceived, unnecessary disaster in Iraq. Thank you, and farewell. Oh, and God Bless What's Left of America.”

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunately for America and the world, your miracle will not happen. George W Bush is exactly what the world needs right now.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets aim to repeal the Patriot Act, and impeach and imprison just incidentally anyone who stands in the way of doing it with our ballots busting their bunkers.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger elaine x said...

... my easter miracle goes back to the story of Saul/Paul in the bible (since we're talking 'easter') ...

'my fellow Americans, I saw a light off the wing of AirForce One ... I remember killing is not the way, I remember that I am to use love and sacrifice my own life first ... I remember all that. I am sorry for my past mistakes ... I am firing Donald Rumsfeld and withdrawing our troops and sending in the Peace Corp. and other community builders, healers and resources to rebuild Iraq into a country the people of Iraq want. Oh, yes, and Mr. Cheney is officially under investigation for ... well ... for just about everything he has done while in office. " Epiphanies do happen ... keep up the GREAT WORK! from my home state too!
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home