Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sulking Over - Rewrite Nearly Done

I enjoyed the producer's visit, I'm glad we worked through two contracts and that he is enthusiastic about the script, but I’ve been sulking about having to change the central character's age from 18 to 34 so that a more established star can hopefully be attached. I've been perplexed at how to do it without destroying something nice, saying to myself, “This is like doing plastic surgery on Angelina Jolie.” Finally, yesterday I went for a walk and figured it all out. It’s actually going to be better in some ways so now I feel slightly sheepish for being such a stickler for the original. I heard the weariness in the producer’s voice as he thought, “Why doesn’t this guy understand?” Oh well, once the new scene went on the front, most of it fell in place and I’m going to send it off soon.
I need a little calmer routine for a few weeks. Fortunately, I did one of the cable access shows with the producer so that will make these next few days less demanding. That was funny too: He wasn’t happy with the lighting and asked that the shot be cropped in a more flattering way. Sorry, but the scripts are your world. Cable access is mine.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean that Jim Carrey is back in the running? A few years back, I remember you telling me that the producer was considering him for a part in one of your scripts. You made the comment that his career was in the toilet and needed help. I thought you were joking then, but now I'm thinking maybe you weren't because it's finally obvious to me that he is in fact floundering with lousy scripts. Anyway, good luck with that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home