Monday, January 30, 2006

STATE OF THE UNION


"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004.

This was my favorite Bush quote, because there were a bunch of dignitaries listening, including military men. I love watching the expressions when President Bush says something stupid, and folks, we are talking about a lot of quotes here - entire books full. My prediction for years is that this will catch up to him someday in a major way. Could this be at the State of the Union? This is the speech where Americans gather and say, “Well, by God, we still make a pretty good teleprompter.” Last year the highlight was the plan for bold Social Security reform. This year the highlight will be Bush’s pick for the Super Bowl. The over/under for the speech is oil over 90 and approval under 30. I am predicting this will be the time President Bush accidentally says something so crazy that nobody - not even Laura or the new Hamas leaders sitting in the gallery - can hold their expressions any longer. Laughter will break out across the land, from sea to shining sea. Yes, folks, I’m predicting the money quote here. And if it doesn’t happen Tuesday, well, there’s always the next time President Bush opens his mouth.

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have noticed that post-television era presidents often have one word linked with them.

For example ... when I say "Inoperative," you say Nixon. When I say "Misunderestimate," you say Bush. When I say, "Malaise," you say Carter.

And when I say "Cigar," you say ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home