Saturday, January 28, 2006

If This House Is Rocking

I ended up playing guitar tonight starting at around 7 p.m. at my friend’s house a few short blocks from over the epicenter of the earthquake. I’m talking Everett here, so they gave me quite a report. I did notice the cat still seemed freaked out. At 6, I had been getting my gear together in Southeast Portland and didn’t notice it. Oh well, I was in one in Southern California where I could see the shape of the room change back and forth. No thanks.
The best way I can describe a night of rock and roll, is that afterwards and till around noon the next day, I actually feel cool. Now, I know technically I might not be cool, but it feels that way. Everything is in balance and a simple activity like reading the paper seems like pure joy. Then the inevitable dorkiness returns, but I've got till tomorrow to wait for that.
I’ve been worried about the ears. They’ve had a buzz in them lately, and it could be a foretelling of the end of my musical career, as far as bands are concerned. I don’t even want to think about it.
Tonight as I was getting ready to go I suddenly realized it started about when I got this new electric toothbrush. I checked and the frequency was similar. If that is the problem then I’ll be so relieved. Whoever said silence was golden must have been in a rock band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home