Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Picture My Parents Took to Celebrate the Day I was First Able to Lift My Giant Head off the Pillow and Go Outside.


I’ve heard a lot of big head jokes in my life and there’s a good reason for it. I remember back in Little League thinking what dumb-asses adults must be if they can’t even make a baseball cap that fits a kid. Oh well, my Mom cut the seam and added some elastic and soon I was back playing. Slowly, I realized the problem was me. My wife – as usual – had the best line, and it was unintentionally funny. She said, “Don’t worry. Your head doesn’t look too big unless you’re standing next to a normal person.”

5 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I feel your pain. When "So I Married an Axe Murderer" came out, my friends all called me "Heed" for three momnths.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was informed that i, too, have a big head when david would introduce me to his friends at college and explain our similar appearance to the fact that "if your head is big enough, you look the same no matter what." dang. another shattering truth.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Bill McDonald said...

Thank you Chessie for your beautiful and wise comment. I can't read the other person's name and I'm sure not going to call you Heed.

 
At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe if you look up BIG in Wikipedia, there is a hyperlink to our family tree.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger rickyragg said...

I promised myself I wouldn't.

but;

Hey Bill,

Some of us suspected you had a big head even before we saw your pic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home