Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Lighter Notes Rock the Night Away


The band got together again last night and all is well. It's actually going to be a trio these next two gigs. The Rose Festival one sounds like a winner - despite the 6-6-06 date. It's really so ridiculous to know exactly how to live a good life, and then to pull it off only now and then. For me, a good life is the next 24-hours after a musical outburst. That's when I feel the magic that existence can offer. When I got home last night, everything was different from the routine. The taped second half of the Detroit- Miami game was excellent, whereas before I went to play, the first half was barely watchable. Prior to the practice, seeing Rasheed pouting made me irritable. After playing music I saw him as a clown - an entertaining character to root against. Cashews tasted better. The wife was great. The blogs were more fun - everything gets in the good zone after a little 3-part harmony and rock with the humble Lighter Notes. I've known this since my early rock bands. I believe the first gig was when I was 11. That's a while ago now.
Of course we were rusty, but we still have a week and a half to get that worked out. The Rose Festival - that's a good paid booking. Oh well, time to get back to the real world. I'm going to go outside and see if I have enough heating oil for summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home