Monday, July 10, 2006

Band Takes It To Pioneer Square Stage

Is there no end to the civic contribution of my band, the Lighter Notes? Once more we take it to the stage in downtown Portland next Saturday at 6:15 as part of the Sand in the City Festival. This is where sand sculptures are built right on the Square. We played last year but drew a tough rainy time slot in the dark. Undeterred I video-taped the performance, added the sand castles and crowd from the next day, and topped it off with audience clapping sounds from the British Open golf tournament. It worked pretty well, especially when someone would yell out, "Go Tiger!"

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bill. I don't know if you've read about this band or not, but thought you would enjoy this. The site is www.bluebird.com. Enter the site, and then click on "Media" and listen to the 2 songs. While I like the first one, I think the second one is more catchy! I've had it in my head for the last couple of days.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: Website is blubirdtheband.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home