Saturday, September 09, 2006

Last Gig of the Summer


Well, the trio played the Portland Hempfest this morning, and we opened the show. Kind of unusual to be warming up just after 9 a.m., but I did manage to attain the right feeling before it was over. I heard the tape and the mix was.....I'm not going to go there. I heard plenty of Cheech and Chong lines about some PA guy who showed up exactly 12 hours late, so I'll just make this very general: If you see three people singing and you only really hear one voice, that means there's something wrong. But it's all good. I can tell the event has come a hell of a long way in one year, and tomorrow night features the son of Muddy Waters. As per tradition, the gig isn't done till I rate the Backstage Pass. This one gets an A minus, with Ringo still ahead at A plus. You have to award some extra points for being a Beatle.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog, some interesting info and thoughts, a bit radical for me at times but thats ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home