Friday, September 29, 2006

Take 1: Dropping a Song on the Internet

As with most technical things, I freeze up for months and then I'm amazed later at how easy it is. I wanted to jump into Internet videos so here is the first test from this afternoon. I recorded it with the little PA from the Born to Slack show so it sounds like the bottom of an oil tanker, but baby steps are often painful. The words are printed below and the song is called "I Can't Stand the Bush Administration".
Wow, it's now possible to write a song, record it, and put it out there within the same day. That's too much. Now if only it didn't suck, this would be awesome.
I Can't Stand the Bush Administration, Take 1 - Google Video

5 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I think the future of television is person-to-person information communication, like telephones.

'Network' and 'broadcast' TV is dead heads talking. It ain't one-way anymore, infected on us, injected into us.

Telephony beats broadcast radio, too.

The internet is only fancified equipment, (more buttons on the keyboard, pretty color display screens, etc.), connected to the telephone network.
If the electricity grid went down, but you had homemade electricity, you would still have internet.
If the telephone grid went down, even if your home had electricity, you would have no internet.

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good tune, Bill. Thanks for sharing it.

Any chance you can get Born to Slack up on Google Videos as well? I always seem to miss it on TV.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Bill McDonald said...

This was just Project Mercury: Get the capsule into space. I didn't use my recording euipment which is why the audio......well, let's just say, the audio was strange.
In fact, those are the Born to Slack microphones from right after a taping of that. We go out through a tiny monitor speaker the size of a shoe box, so what was I to expect?
I'm a firm believer in launching first and working out the details down the line.
Then if people think it sucks, I enjoy that too. I don't know why. I think flopping, etc...is funny.

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I'd like to see Born to Slack online as well.

Fan of the blog, and the show...even if Shibley interrupts all the time.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill,
Check this out.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/
september2006/060906spyon.htm
It seems tenskwatawa is right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home