Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Ultimate Don't-Go-There

The only time I ever wrote the Oregonian a letter as a reader, was when the Edge column had a joke about a new TV series starring Woody Allen called "Just Shoot Mia". You don't do that. I don't care if this is here and they were in New York. I don't care if there is absolutely zero chance that someone will act on it. You don't put anything out there involving the killing of a living individual. I repeat it here because the situation is long over, but back then it was in the news a lot. Let me break this down for you. Okay, never mind that the Oregonian was publishing something in the Edge that was completely not funny - they do that a lot. It doesn't help that it was a stupid little pun - I have long advocated prison time for puns - but that's not worth a letter. It wasn't even that this was a joke based on domestic violence. Sure, that's reprehensible, but that was not my reason. The absolute don't-cross-this-line that they crossed was putting a living individual's future killing into the media. Editors should have more sense. Everyone should have more sense. You don't do it. That is why I am even more pissed off about this new film featured on the Drudge Report. I don't even want to repeat the plot but this is so far over the line that you can't see the line looking back with the Hubble telescope. This is wrong, and whoever made this film is an absolute lowlife.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Bill.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger LaurelhurstDad said...

If you think that was over the line, just read what Anne Coulter is spouting these days.

That's one sick chick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home