Wednesday, January 18, 2006

INTEREST GROWS IN BUSHISM-STYLE TRAM BOOK

I believe we are fast approaching enough tram material for one of those Bushism-type books, especially if you count the local media’s contributions. I loved the Jim Redden phrase that there was “virtually no chance” to stop the project. That reminds me of those forest fire quotes where the fire is 30% contained. Doesn't 30% contained, really mean uncontained?
I also was moved by the Oregonian’s comment that the PDC had made a - what was it - “a shrewd decision” in looking into what went wrong here. Please.
Then there’s my favorite - the one I read where a former commissioner compares the tram to the Eiffel Tower. Careful or you’ll pull a hype muscle!
I suspect that behind all the latest quotes and the refusal to come clean with the actual details, is certain knowledge that this could be stopped. Otherwise they wouldn’t be panicking as much as they are. Speaking of President Bush, maybe we should break out his favorite line. When they ask us why we had to cancel the tram, just say, “9/11 changed everything.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home