Wednesday, January 18, 2006

THE WILLAMETTE WEEK MENTION

Thanks, WW, for the mention, but where was the nod to the man himself, Jack Bogdanski? Wait, his blog gets more press than Lindsay Lohan, so he’ll be fine.
It reminded me of the last time I was in Willamette Week when I landed the Trib job. It said something like, “Bill McDonald is smiling like he just landed a sweet gig for the big bucks.” I still have it somewhere. The funny thing was the Trib was still getting their office stuff working right, so I hadn’t been paid and we were around 10 issues in. At one point, that meant a trip to H&B Loan to pawn a guitar. Kids, the life of a freelancer is not all glamour. I remember wishing the Willamette Week reporter had been driving by out front of the pawnshop when I walked in. Of course, things have stabilized since then and, yes, for a low-level clown like moi, life is good. If anything, I deserve a place in the Slacker Hall of Fame. Remember, it’s all about the freedom, baby.
Before we move on, one last nod to Lindsay Lohan, who was in the press again today, for some new trouble. Gee, it’s only Wednesday, and she’s already on her Thursday problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home